General Cleanroom Regulations
- All personal items such as keys, watches, rings, matches, lighters and cigarettes should be stored in the personal locker outside the gowning room.
- Valuable personal Items such as wallets may be permitted in the cleanroom provided they are NEVER removed from beneath the cleanroom garments.
- Make sure you are suitably attired: long pants/trousers, full-coverage shoes. No shorts, no sandals/flip-flops, no high heels. Your shirt must be at least a short sleeve shirt that is long enough to reach your pants (no bare midriffs) and it must not have a deep neckline.
- NO eating, smoking or gum chewing allowed inside the cleanroom.
- Only garments approved for the cleanroom should be worn when entering.
- NO cosmetics shall be worn in the cleanrooms. This includes: rouge, lipstick, eye shadow, eyebrow pencil, mascara, eye liner, false eye lashes, fingernail polish, hair spray, mousse, or the heavy use of aerosols, after shaves and perfumes.
- Only approved cleanroom paper shall be allowed in the cleanroom.
- Approved ball point pens shall be the only writing tool used.
- Use of paper or fabric towels is prohibited. Use of hand dryers equipped with HEPA filters is suggested.
- Gloves or finger cots should not be allowed to touch any item or surface that has not been thoroughly cleaned.
- Only approved gloves, finger cots (powder-free), pliers, tweezers should be used to handle product. Finger prints can be a major source of contamination on some products.
- Solvent contact with the bare skin should be avoided. They can remove skin oils and increase skin flaking.
- Approved skin lotions or lanolin based soaps are sometimes allowed. These can reduce skin flaking.
- All tools, containers and fixtures used in the cleaning process should be cleaned to the same degree as the cleanroom surfaces. All of these items are a source of contamination.
- NO tool should be allowed to rest on the surface of a bench or table. It should be place on a cleanroom wiper.
- Only cleanroom approved wipers are allowed to be used. The wipers must be approved for the Class of cleanroom being cleaned.
- ALL equipment, materials and containers introduced into a sterile facility must be subjected to stringent sterilization prior to entrance.
- NO ONE who is physically ill, especially with respiratory or stomach disorders, may enter a sterile room.